Wall sconce (one of a pair)
about 1910
Object PlaceBoston, Massachusetts, United States
Medium/TechniqueHammered brass, original mica shades
Credit LineGift of Helen Greiner
Accession number2018.3102.1
On View
Not on viewClassificationsMetalwork
Collections
NOTES:
[1] General Charles Greely Loring (1828-1902), the owner of the Loring House from the time it was completed in 1884 by architect William Ralph Emerson until his death in 1902, was elected Trustee of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston in 1873, given general charge of the Museum as Curator in 1886, then his title was changed to Director in 1887. He served as the MFA's first Director from 1887-1902. [2] The sconces were removed by the Friends of the Loring House when building was demolished, with the approval of Helen Greiner.